We’re moving office! From 22 July, our address will be Level 22, 2 Southbank Boulevard, Southbank.
Find out more

Other organisations

Various complaint and dispute resolution agencies that may be able to assist you.

Organisation name Description Contact details

Victorian Building Authority

Handles complaints regarding building and domestic plumbing works, also has a conciliation service.

1300 815 127

Consumer Affairs Victoria

Promotes consumer protection and ethical trading and ensures that consumer protection laws are properly enforced. https://www.consumer.vic.gov.au
1300 558 181
Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal VCAT’s purpose is to provide Victorians with a low cost, accessible, efficient and independent tribunal delivering high quality dispute resolution. https://www.vcat.vic.gov.au
03 9628 9830

Victorian Ombudsman

The Ombudsman enquires into or investigates administrative actions taken by a Government department or public statutory body, including ESV. https://www.ombudsman.vic.gov.au
03 9613 6222
Energy and Water Ombudsman Investigates and resolves disputes between Victorian electricity, gas and water customers and their providers. https://www.ewov.com.au
1800 500 509
Workplace Injury Commission Provides an independent service to resolve workers compensation disputes in Victoria. https://www.wic.vic.gov.au
1800 635 960
Dispute Settlement Centre of Victoria Provides an informal, impartial, accessible, low cost dispute resolution service to the Victorian community. https://www.disputes.vic.gov.au
1300 372 888
Victorian Equal Opportunity and Human Rights Commission Responsible for eliminating discrimination in Victoria. Offers information, education and consultancy services, provides legal and policy advice. https://www.humanrightscommission.vic.gov.au
1300 292 153
Office of the Victorian Information Commissioner The key body regulating the way Victorian government agencies and local councils collect and handle personal information. https://www.ovic.vic.gov.au
1300 666 444
WorkSafe Victoria Enforces Victoria’s occupational health and safety laws. https://www.worksafe.vic.gov.au
1800 136 089
Independent Broad-based Anti-Corruption Commission Responsible for handling complaints against police and other public sector agencies, conducting investigations into a range of systemic issues and corruption. https://www.ibac.vic.gov.au
1300 735 135
Magistrates’ Court of Victoria

90% of court cases each year, including the majority of ESV’s proceedings.

County Court of Victoria

The County Court deals with more serious crimes and claims for over $100,000.

State Emergency Service (SES) Victoria Call 132 500 from anywhere in Victoria for flood, storm, tsunami and earthquake emergency assistance. https://www.ses.vic.gov.au
132 500
Supreme Court of Victoria The highest court in Victoria. It deals with the state’s most serious criminal and civil cases. https://www.supremecourt.vic.gov.au
03 9603 9300

Date: 19/07/2024 19:18

Controlled document

The currency and accuracy of this document cannot be guaranteed once printed or saved to a storage device. If in doubt, please check the ESV website for the current version.